»Profiles, Mouldings, Special Shapes & Sections
- Angles, Angle Irons,
L-Shapes & V-Shapes
Rings, Rims, Clamps, Flanges, Hoops & Bezels
- Holders, Mountings, Edgings, Trim, & Retainers
- Railings & Brackets
- Z-Bars, Purlins
Frames & Framing, Diffusers, Grills & Baffels
- Panels, Fins & Plates
Tracks, Ducts, Rails & Slides
- Caps, Covers, Cladding & Flashings
- Hinging: Louvers, Blades, Slats, Panels, & Beads
- Slats, Strips, Gaskets, Battens & Curved Tape
Bars & Sections: T, H, W & Double Channels
Wire Products: Strips, Straps & Rings
- These Profiles Can Be Made Into:
- Shelf Support Tubing
- Barricade Legs and Supports
- Type 1 Barricade Legs and Parts
- Type 2 Barricade Legs and Parts
- Type 3 Barricade Stands
- Stainless Steel Track Caps & Covers
- Shade Rollers
- Hem Bar, Bottom Bar & Hem-Line Channels
- Price Card Mouldings
- Towel Bars
- Curtain Rods
- Shower Rods
- Closet Rods, & Wardrobe Bars
- Drawer Slides
- Drip Edges, Caps & Flashing
- Fence Rails, Posts, Pickets & Stiffeners
- Din Rails, Bus Bars Wireways, Cable Trays, & Bus Ducts
- Heat Transfer Plates
- Scuff Plates, Roof Bows, & Hat Posts
- PVC Rail, Frame, Tubing & Pipe Stiffeners and Reinforcements
- Sink Mouldings, Grip Rims, & Prong Strips
- Security Storm Door Frames
- R.V. & Car Luggage Rack Tubing
- Mirror Frames
- Reflector Panels
- Snap-On Mouldings
- Storm Window & Screen Frames
- Siding Trim
- Roll Up Slats
- Wall Studs & Partition Framing
- Sink Legs
- Industries Served
Resources & Links
- See Online Catalog
- Gwenco Mfg
- Oak Rite Mfg. Corp.
Channels metal channel, stainless channel, steel channel, aluminum channel, brass channel
The most commonly used and requested Roll Formed Metal Parts are "Channels".
Johnson Bros. is number #1 in the country with Existing Tooling for U-Channels & J-Channels, many
C-Channels and Hat Channels. We manufacture all types of metal channels including aluminum
channel, stainless channel, and steel channel. In recent years Johnson Bros has produced over 250 different
U-channels & J-channels alone from an .060" O.D. wide web through a 19" O.D. wide web. Legs
up to 5-1/2" O.D. high are possible with a .075" maximum thickness and 4" O.D. high legs are
possible with a .156" O.D. maximum thickness. Thicker maximums than .156" and .075" thick,
are possible in aluminum. Some of these U & J channels have equal legs, unequal legs, and/or
legs bent over and under 90 Degrees. There are even some U & J Channels that have Hemmed Legs
for strength and no edge burrs. There would be too many different sized existing channel dies
to list in a table on this page. U & J channels with equal legs bent to 90 Degrees are the
most common type of channel and the most commonly existing tooling we have is for this form of channels.
Types of Channel
Channels can be a catch-all phrase for many differently shaped Metal Profiles, however Channels
are generally accepted to be in the following most widely used categories:
Channels are made with all types of metal, but the most popular Metal Channels are stainless channels,
steel channels, and aluminum channels.
- U-Channel & J-Channel.
- C-Channel, Cees & Box Channel, Open Seam Tubing & Tubes, that are both Square & Rectangular Channels with Return Flanges.
- Hat Channel, Hats, & Channel with Outward Flanges.
- Strut Channel & C-Channel with Inward Flanges.
- All other unusually shaped metal profiles some consider as channels, i.e., Z-Channels, etc.
Most Common Industries where Channels are used
A Channel is used for almost all industries for any possible application such as in this brief summary
of other Channel terms: Protective Edges, Holders, Covers, Framing & Frames, Inserts, Decoration, Trim,
Cladding, Brackets, Tracks, Slides, Posts, Standards, Supports, Reinforcements, Stiffeners, Railings,
Rims, Rings & Clamps, Purlins, Subgirts, Girts. (Many other styles of Roll Formed Profiles have these
same descriptions, however.)
Additional Channel Information
Tooling for U & J Channels with Legs at 90 Degrees is most common and rarely are there any tooling
costs associated with these providing it meets our minimum order requirements of 2,000ft except on
pre-production samples. Lower quantities with Lot charges can be negotiated. Our Roll Die & Straightener
Tooling is Adjustable and can easily be changed or added to without cost . Our In-line Cutoff Tooling
has smaller, inexpensive inserts making any tooling that we may have to make, (which is rare), very
inexpensive and it`s most often Donated. Johnson Bros. even has Existing Adjustable Roll Dies that
can Produce Hems on the inside or outside of the legs on these U-channels & J-channels. U & J Channels
with other than 90 Degree bends with legs Tilted In or Tilted Out, may require very little or no
extra tooling as most of the tooling used comes from a regular set of 90 Degree bend channel tooling
and standard hemming rolls. Hems are generally .250"-.125" and sometimes smaller.
High Speed Roll Forming is available. Greater Length Tolerances allow Faster Production however,
our modernized length control system allows normal production speeds at close tolerances as well.
Tolerances on legs and web of +/- .032 are common with +/- .005 and sometimes less are possible.
Highly Accurate Roll Straighteners and Die Boosts allow for very straight parts without kinks from
the cutoff operation.
Contact us today for a quote on our Metal Channels including stainless channels, steel channels,
aluminum channels, brass channels, copper channels and even bronze channels.
To see more of our products please see our catalog information.